On the 26th June 2020, Shaw Trust, along with a number of other organisations will be celebrating Employability Day. We will be taking part in an Employability webinar.
What is Employability Day?
Employability Day is a national campaign organised by Employment Related Services Association (ERSA), providing organisations with an opportunity to celebrate all-things employment support.
It allows people to talk about their success in employability, and drive understanding across stakeholders on a national, regional or local level. In 2019, Employability Day was celebrated by more than 750 organisations who support people to enter or progress in work.
This year, once again, is set to be a nationwide celebration of employability, and Shaw Trust Accessibility Services will be involved.
Virtual Employability Day Event
Shaw Trust will be hosting a virtual Employability Day event alongside some key partners, including us here at Shaw Trust Accessibility Services.
The virtual event looks at how the COVID-19 pandemic has impacted the delivery of employment services. There will also be discussions on how Shaw Trust have adapted to the pandemic and how organisations are dealing with ‘the new normal’.
There will also be special guests including Shaw Trust Accessibility Services’ very own Graham Rees-Evans. He will be delivering a talk at 12:05 about Designing Digital. This talk will focus on digital accessibility in the context of recruitment.
The Event Schedule
The event will start at 11:00am on 26th June. The schedule is as follows:
- 11:00 – 11:05 Welcome – Austin Hardie, Employability Director – Shaw Trust
- 11:05 – 11:10 Introducing the Shaw Trust Care Academy Richard Clifton, Chief Commercial Officer – Shaw Trust and ERSA Chair
- 11:10- 11:20 First look at Shaw Trust’s health and wellbeing app
- 11:20 – 11:30 First Q&A session
- 11:30 – 11:40 How the pandemic has proven the social model of disability Nancy Doyle, CEO & Founder – Genius Within
- 11:40 – 11:45 Supporting young people – a case study
- 11:45 – 12:00 Employer perspectives on a changing labour market Jenny La-Rocque in conversation with Tesco and Integral UK
- 12:00 – 12:05 Second Q&A session
- 12:05 – 12:20 Designing Digital – Inclusivity online – Graham Rees-Evans, Shaw Trust Accessibility Services.
- 12:20 – 12:25 The future of digital delivery in employment support – panel session with supply chain partners
- 12:25 – 12:30 Close and final Q&A
Sign Up For Tickets
You will receive further details on how to access the live streamed event via the ticket which will be emailed to you.
Shaw Trust and Employment
Accessibility Services is a social enterprise of the larger Shaw Trust charity. Shaw Trust was first set up in the village of Shaw, in Wiltshire to support local disabled people find employment.
Since then, Shaw Trust has grown exponentially, now supporting more than 50,000 people nationally each year, to live independent and inclusive lives. Providing benefits through employment support and opportunities, skills development training and health and well-being services.
Accessibility Services employs a number of disabled people to help deliver inclusive accessibility audits to clients from around the UK. You can find who makes up our team of testers here.
We look forward to seeing you at the Employability Day virtual event!