- Looking to start a new career?
- Are you interested in technology?
- Do you have good computer skills and use assistive technology?
- Have a meticulous attention to detail?
- Want an exciting career with lots of potential for growth?
Shaw Trust Accessibility Services is a flagship social enterprise supporting organisations across the UK and internationally, to become digitally inclusive across a range of platforms.
Due to our continued success, we are looking to expand our team and because we work virtually, we welcome applications from across the UK!
We value talented people with a passion to make a positive impact to peoples’ lives. In return, the role offers an exciting opportunity to work with a client base comprising of FTSE 100 companies, public and third sector organisations.
We work with customers from when they start designing their website or app through to product creation and launch, and provide testing, technical support and consultancy.
Our in-house Digital Testing Team is unique in the marketplace, and has first-hand experience of disability and assistive technology, which brings a real-life perspective, both personally and professionally.
Working with us gives you far more benefits than a standard package; it gives you a chance to have a real impact on peoples’ lives, whilst embarking on a rewarding career path.
What we do is exciting, fulfilling, and diverse and it’s about to get even better.
We are seeking part-time Accessibility Assessors who have personal as well as professional experience in one of the following specialities:
- Screen reader (JAWS, NVDA, Narrator) for users who are blind (1 vacancy)
- Keyboard or Non-mouse navigation for users who have a mobility disability (2 vacancies)
Once we have recruited the vacancies above, we will be looking for the following members:
- Voice activation (Dragon Professional) for users who have a mobility disability
- Magnification (ZoomText) for users who have low vision
- Audio, video and multimedia perception and alternatives for individuals who are Deaf or hard of hearing
- Contrast, text sizing, content fluidity, clarity, plain English, alternative formats, simply layout for users with low vision, readability difficulties, colour perception, cognitive impairment, learning difficulties or learning disabilities
Want to know more, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV confirming which specialism you wish to apply for (Keyboard, Screen Reader etc.).
Please note we are happy to have an informal chat so you can learn more.